Circa 1920, carved oak monks bench. The rectangular top has a carved pattern and is hinged, opening to reveal another pattern on the inside with an heraldic shield with plumes on the top. There are two large shaped straps which hold the top in position. These are attached to 2 very primitive looking carved lions. The seat is hinged and opens to reveal a storage space. The seat and fore edge is moulded, and beneath this are two carved raised panels again with similar scratch carving. The 2 ends have 2 recessed fielded panels and below is a single moulding. The whole piece stands on 4 bun feet. Wonderful colour and patination.
Scotland's largest antiques warehouse is located in a converted whiskey bond in historic Leith Edinburgh. With 50,000sq ft over five floors we offer a wide range of quality Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian furniture, as well as continental and small decorative items. Our stock is constantly changing.
Georgian Antiques has 2395 antiques for sale.
click here to see them all