Circa 1835, William IV mahogany and deep buttoned, green leather captain's chair. With its horseshoe shaped top rail which has been covered in leather and deep buttoned on the inside, held in place by two large carved foliate shaped uprights. It has a generous deep buttoned leather seat, and the back legs are turned and outswept finishing with brass castors. There is a shaped apron with a beaded edge beneath the seat, following the form of the chair and at either end of it are two substantial cabriole legs finishing on a curled foot and brass castors.
Antiques.co.uk Ref: 28HAMVR4
Search all the antiques currently for sale on www.antiques co uk. Or why not consider selling your antiques and making sales more easily with us!
Georgian Antiques was founded in 1978 by John Dixon's brother Padriac in a small shop at Jocks Lodge, Meadowbank in Edinburgh, with John joining the business after finishing college in 1981. The business grew so rapidly, they couldn't keep up with their inventory needs. Their goal has been to create a one-stop-shop where designers can complete an entire project from lighting to furniture to accessories. Scotland's largest antiques warehouse is located in a converted whiskey bond in historic Leith Edinburgh. With 50,000sq ft over five floors we offer a wide range of quality Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian furniture, as well as continental and small decorative items. Our stock is constantly changing.
Georgian Antiques has 2943 antiques for sale.
click here to see them all