Circa 1870, exhibition quality, brass-bound camphorwood trunk of generous proportions. The solid top with central brass plaque and brass quarter brackets, and flush brass lifting handles to the front. The lid with 4 large hinges, opening to an uninterrupted interior. With stout cast brass lifting handles to sides, several brass bandings to all edges, all on metal castors (revolving 360 degrees). Likely originally owned by high-ranking officer due to its large size.
Antiques.co.uk Ref: UU73BPBG
Please note that this price may NOT include delivery charges which the seller may charge extra for.
Georgian Antiques was founded in 1978 by John Dixon's brother Padriac in a small shop at Jocks Lodge, Meadowbank in Edinburgh, with John joining the business after finishing college in 1981. The business grew so rapidly, they couldn't keep up with their inventory needs. Their goal has been to create a one-stop-shop where designers can complete an entire project from lighting to furniture to accessories. Scotland's largest antiques warehouse is located in a converted whiskey bond in historic Leith Edinburgh. With 50,000sq ft over five floors we offer a wide range of quality Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian furniture, as well as continental and small decorative items. Our stock is constantly changing.
Georgian Antiques has 2912 antiques for sale.
click here to see them all