Circa 1870, Victorian cast iron stick stand, with a wonderful pierced back with foliate and fruit castings. The top is surmounted by swags and tails and at each are cast finials which have been gilded and bronzed. There is a wraparound arm to retain the sticks which is held in place by a fluted upright. At the base are two white painted drip trays. Outside this, is a beaded fore edge, a concave section and an enclosed plinth. The stick stand retains its original colour and patination, and sturdy without any breaks.
Scotland's largest antiques warehouse is located in a converted whiskey bond in historic Leith Edinburgh. With 50,000sq ft over five floors we offer a wide range of quality Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian furniture, as well as continental and small decorative items. Our stock is constantly changing.
Georgian Antiques has 2566 antiques for sale.
click here to see them all