Circa 1860, mid-Victorian rectangular shaped glass topped bijouterie table or collectors cabinet. The solid walnut framing has a flat section and simple ogee moulding beneath. The top is hinged and opens to reveal a felt line interior and solid gables all round. On the outside is a frieze with beading beneath it, occurring round the front, sides and back making the cabinet freestanding. The whole piece stands on 4 simple but elegant turned legs with ring turning, tapering and a long tapering toe.
Scotland's largest antiques warehouse is located in a converted whiskey bond in historic Leith Edinburgh. With 50,000sq ft over five floors we offer a wide range of quality Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian furniture, as well as continental and small decorative items. Our stock is constantly changing.
Georgian Antiques has 2510 antiques for sale.
click here to see them all