Circa 1900, Regency style twin pillar dining table made from old timber. The top with its rounded corners and simple moulded, rounded edge has 2 sections and a central extra leaf. Beneath the table top there are mahogany straps on which the block of the table sits. It is held in place by brass screws and a locking arm for tilting the sections both left and right. The lifting arm has brass casing and a large axe head drop for opening and closing it. The column of the table is turned at the top with a tapering section from which protrude 3 large sabre legs finishing on a brass block with brass castors. The table would easily seat 8-10 people. Clean and sturdy.
Scotland's largest antiques warehouse is located in a converted whiskey bond in historic Leith Edinburgh. With 50,000sq ft over five floors we offer a wide range of quality Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian furniture, as well as continental and small decorative items. Our stock is constantly changing.
Georgian Antiques has 2640 antiques for sale.
click here to see them all