Circa 1870, pair of Victorian oak chairs with a curved top rail and rectangular back upholstered in hand stitched needlepoint, as are the stuff over seats. The back is supported by turned and fluted columns which are polished and have a turned section in the centre. Below the seat is a simple beading, and turned legs united by stylish stretchers on brass and porcelain feet. The backs of the chairs have a small rail behind the top which is turned and fluted, which would have been used for lifting and moving the chairs. There is a makers label underneath ‘R.Whyte & Sons, Upholsterers, Glasgow’.
Scotland's largest antiques warehouse is located in a converted whiskey bond in historic Leith Edinburgh. With 50,000sq ft over five floors we offer a wide range of quality Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian furniture, as well as continental and small decorative items. Our stock is constantly changing.
Georgian Antiques has 2407 antiques for sale.
click here to see them all