Circa 1820, early George IV mahogany narrow hall table/serving table. The top has a rounded front and crossbanding and string inlay. Beneath the top are two drawers with flame mahogany facings, oak liners, and two cast brass ring handles. The unusual feature is the legs – the four legs are in the form of columns with foliate carvings, a fluted section in the centre, a ring turned support and further fluted tapering section. Finishing on an elegant carved tall tulip foot. Wonderful proportions, good colour and quite unusual.
Scotland's largest antiques warehouse is located in a converted whiskey bond in historic Leith Edinburgh. With 50,000sq ft over five floors we offer a wide range of quality Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian furniture, as well as continental and small decorative items. Our stock is constantly changing.
Georgian Antiques has 2542 antiques for sale.
click here to see them all