Circa 1860, bedside or side cabinet in the form of a miniature davenport. It has a rosewood top with kingwood banding and a hinged section in the front which taper away. Inside is an open space, polished on the sides and beneath the top is a full length door with further kingwood banding, beading and a rosewood centre panel. Inside is uninterrupted space and the back of the wall is polished. Left and right of the door is two canted corners with carved corbels on the top. The sides have rosewood and banding the same as the top. Beneath the bottom door is a simple beading and the piece stands on a large platform base with rosewood veneering.
Please note that this price may NOT include delivery charges which the seller may charge extra for.
Georgian Antiques was founded in 1978 by John Dixon's brother Padriac in a small shop at Jocks Lodge, Meadowbank in Edinburgh, with John joining the business after finishing college in 1981. The business grew so rapidly, they couldn't keep up with their inventory needs. Their goal has been to create a one-stop-shop where designers can complete an entire project from lighting to furniture to accessories. Scotland's largest antiques warehouse is located in a converted whiskey bond in historic Leith Edinburgh. With 50,000sq ft over five floors we offer a wide range of quality Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian furniture, as well as continental and small decorative items. Our stock is constantly changing.
Georgian Antiques has 2698 antiques for sale.
click here to see them all