Circa 1820, unusual and large Dutch marquetry and oak frame bureau. The rectangular top with floral marquetry panels with a classic Dutch inlaid design of birds, swag tails and urns to the flap and a cast brass, pierced escutcheon. Opening to a fitted interior and felt covered writing surface surrounded by further marquetry. It has 2 short over 3 full length drawers with cast brass swan neck handles and inlaid designs, with the 2 lopers with cast brass axe head drops. Beneath is a chequered inlaid frieze, standing on 2 bracket feet with marquetry inlay and the gables featuring similar inlaid designs.
Please note that this price may NOT include delivery charges which the seller may charge extra for.
Georgian Antiques was founded in 1978 by John Dixon's brother Padriac in a small shop at Jocks Lodge, Meadowbank in Edinburgh, with John joining the business after finishing college in 1981. The business grew so rapidly, they couldn't keep up with their inventory needs. Their goal has been to create a one-stop-shop where designers can complete an entire project from lighting to furniture to accessories. Scotland's largest antiques warehouse is located in a converted whiskey bond in historic Leith Edinburgh. With 50,000sq ft over five floors we offer a wide range of quality Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian furniture, as well as continental and small decorative items. Our stock is constantly changing.
Georgian Antiques has 2664 antiques for sale.
click here to see them all