Circa 1880, set of 6 late Victorian oak chairs. The chairs are stamped with the makers label, 'J and T Scott, Edinburgh' who were prominent cabinet makers with shops in George Street and Princes Street. The chairs have an upholstered back and oak frame. They have a large stuffover seat and rounded backs. With their square legs which taper down with a slight kick at the back, they are very much in the Gillow's style. A simple half round beading continues around the entire chair and the back and frame of the chair is polished. At the front, the legs are ring turned and fluted with tapering beneath. Towards the bottom is a large block and from this the chair is united by an H framed stretcher with various blocks, ring and tapering. Beneath the blocks, the chair has a brass bezel and beneath this, brass and brown porcelain castors.
Please note that this price may NOT include delivery charges which the seller may charge extra for. Please contact the seller for a delivery estimate.
Scotland's largest antiques warehouse is located in a converted whiskey bond in historic Leith Edinburgh. With 50,000sq ft over five floors we offer a wide range of quality Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian furniture, as well as continental and small decorative items. Our stock is constantly changing.
Georgian Antiques has 2361 antiques for sale.
click here to see them all