Original Antique French Bronze Ormolu Mantel Clock
This is your chance to own the most beautiful early 19th century French lion figural mantel clock. The clock is made of bronze ormolu and features a charming figure of a lion with his paws holding the movement. The bronze is very fine with super detail down to the lion's teeth! It has a lovely finish and the clock has a good quality brass 8 day movement.
- ?Polished bronze on rosewood veneer base
- Rectangle base with scrolling and foliate detailing and feet
- Beautiful applied bronze ormolu mounts
- The porcelain dial features Arabic numerals and steel cut hands
- With a winding knob to the top of the case, easy to wind
- Brass French 8 day top wind
- Movement will run for approximately 8 days when fully wound
- Clock has a good action and keeps good time
- Comes complete with winding key and pendulum
- Clock measures approximately 32cm (12.5 inches) high by 41cm wide and 20cm deep
- Condition is generally very good and the clock has a nice patina
- This clock is a genuine antique so it will inevitably have signs of age and wear
- Movement has been cleaned and oiled and is in full working order
- The case looks to be in lovely condition a little bubble to the rosewood veneer
- Please enlarge the images and inspect the clock before bidding
- Feel free to contact us with any detailed condition questions
- Width (cm):
- Height (cm):
- Depth (cm):
Here on antiques co uk we love antiques and specialise in selling antiques. Even though this item was for sale and is now sold or otherwise now unavailable we have many more items for sale including vintage antiques, silver, tables, watches, jewellery and much more for your interiors and home.
Search all the antiques currently for sale on www.antiques co uk. Or why not consider selling your antiques and making sales more easily with us!