Original Antique French Inlaid Wood pitched Top Bracket Clock
Really stunning bracket clock made of mahogany wood with beautiful ormolu mounts and pillars flanking the dial. This is the most amazing bracket clock, with wonderful inlay to the side front and top. The inlay and detail to this clock is the best I have ever seen truly amazing. The clock will date to around 1880 and is in beautiful condition and good working order.
- ?Solid mahogany wood case standing on four decorative ormolu bracket feet
- Ormolu mounts including beautiful turned pillars and four turned finials to the top.
- the pinched top with inlaid detailing
- Hinged wooden door to the rear to allow access to the movement
- Made of silver with engine turned decoration with Roman numerals
- Two winding holes for the two trains of the movement
- Small knob at the top for making fine adjustments to timekeeping
- Brass round 8 day striking movement signed AD Moulin
- This is a striking clock and strikes the half and counts the hour on a coiled gong
- Movement will run for approximately 8 days when fully wound
- Clock has a good action and keeps good time
- Comes complete with winding key and pendulum
- Clock measures approximately 33cm (13.5 inches) high by 25cm wide and 18cm deep
- Condition is generally very good and the clock has a nice patina - collectors condition really
- This clock is a genuine antique so it will inevitably have minor signs of age and wear
- Movement has been cleaned and oiled and is in full working order
- There is no damage to the dial
- The case looks to be in lovely condition
- Please enlarge the images and inspect the clock before bidding
- Feel free to contact us with any detailed condition questions
- Stunning inlaid mahogany with ormolu mounts
- Width (cm):
- Height (cm):
- Depth (cm):
Here on antiques co uk we love antiques and specialise in selling antiques. Even though this item was for sale and is now sold or otherwise now unavailable we have many more items for sale including vintage antiques, silver, tables, watches, jewellery and much more for your interiors and home.
Search all the antiques currently for sale on www.antiques co uk. Or why not consider selling your antiques and making sales more easily with us!