Circa 1820, George IV Scottish mahogany Canterbury. The top has 3 divisions and reeded upright supports and dividers, finished with 4 carved mahogany finials, and the outside supports are fluted columns. Below the top section is a single drawer with a lovely egg and dart beading typical of Edinburgh of that period, with 2 small knob handles on the flamed mahogany drawer front. The whole piece stands on 4 tapered fluted legs finishing on cast brass castors (later).
Scotland's largest antiques warehouse is located in a converted whiskey bond in historic Leith Edinburgh. With 50,000sq ft over five floors we offer a wide range of quality Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian furniture, as well as continental and small decorative items. Our stock is constantly changing.
Georgian Antiques has 2581 antiques for sale.
click here to see them all