Circa 1860, pair of mid Victorian burr walnut pier cabinets. The cabinets have a rectangular top which is quarter veneered in walnut, below the top is a simple fore edge and an ormolu mounted beading. The frieze between the top edge and the door is shaped and has a floral marquetry panel in the centre. Above the door is a cast brass beading. There are ormolu mounts on the top and bottom and a simple glazed door which is also brass bound. There is floral marquetry on the top corners of the door, as on the fore edges. The base has a fine brass bound beading and below this is a central motif. The whole piece stands on an almost enclosed plinth with shaped front and sides. The cabinets have mounts on both gables also. The insides are lined in velvet with two shelves. The cabinets are one left handed and one right handed. Excellent colour and condition.
Antiques.co.uk Ref: XGJTA632
Please note that this price may NOT include delivery charges which the seller may charge extra for.
Georgian Antiques was founded in 1978 by John Dixon's brother Padriac in a small shop at Jocks Lodge, Meadowbank in Edinburgh, with John joining the business after finishing college in 1981. The business grew so rapidly, they couldn't keep up with their inventory needs. Their goal has been to create a one-stop-shop where designers can complete an entire project from lighting to furniture to accessories. Scotland's largest antiques warehouse is located in a converted whiskey bond in historic Leith Edinburgh. With 50,000sq ft over five floors we offer a wide range of quality Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian furniture, as well as continental and small decorative items. Our stock is constantly changing.
Georgian Antiques has 2941 antiques for sale.
click here to see them all