Original Antique - Gorgeous Gilt Metal Candelabra Clock Garniture Set
This is a really elegant antique. A beautifully proportioned clock garniture set formed of a clock and accompanying two branch candelabras. These are all formed of really decorative gilt metal. The clock dates to around the late 19th Century and features a brass 8 day movement which strikes on a bell. It is in nice condition and good working order.
- Clock is made of gilt metal, possibly cast iron with applied gilding
- Candelabras are of the same material as the clock and have two branches
- Formed of decorative gilt metal with inset ceramic cartouches painted with roman numerals
- Two winding holes for the two trains of the movement
- Knob at the top to make minor adjustments to timekeeping
- Brass French 8 day striking movement
- This is a striking clock and strikes the half and counts the hour on a bell
- Movement will run for approximately 8 days when fully wound
- Clock has a good action and keeps good time
- Comes complete with winding key and pendulum
- Clock measures approximately 36.5cm (14.5 inches) high by 23cm wide and 12cm deep
- Candelabras measure 32cm tall, 26cm wide and 9.5cm deep
- Condition is generally very good just with some rubbing to the gilding
- This clock is a genuine antique so it will inevitably have signs of age and wear
- Movement has been cleaned and oiled and is in full working order
- Please enlarge the images and inspect the clock before bidding
- Feel free to contact us with any detailed condition questions
- Width (cm):
- Height (cm):
- Depth (cm):
Here on antiques co uk we love antiques and specialise in selling antiques. Even though this item was for sale and is now sold or otherwise now unavailable we have many more items for sale including vintage antiques, silver, tables, watches, jewellery and much more for your interiors and home.
Search all the antiques currently for sale on www.antiques co uk. Or why not consider selling your antiques and making sales more easily with us!