Circa 1825, George IV gilded mahogany pier mirror. With foliate carved fore-edge, pediment and glass balls beneath, the frieze has a carved full relief with lion mask on a patterned, gilded background. Either side are carved capitals with upward facing acanthus leaves and cluster columns, with the original bevelled edge mirror plate held in place by simple moulding. The base has various mouldings. Provenance: from No. 1 Charlotte Square, New Town, Edinburgh.
Please note that this price may NOT include delivery charges which the seller may charge extra for.
Scotland's largest antiques warehouse is located in a converted whiskey bond in historic Leith Edinburgh. With 50,000sq ft over five floors we offer a wide range of quality Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian furniture, as well as continental and small decorative items. Our stock is constantly changing.
Georgian Antiques has 2640 antiques for sale.
click here to see them all