Original Antique - Stunning Officers Clock Garniture Set
This is a really elegant antique. A beautiful clock garniture set formed of a clock and accompanying two disk top garniture. These are all formed of wood with a deep rosewood colour and intricate satinwood and boxwood inlay. The clock dates to around the early 19th Century and features a silk suspension brass 8 day movement which strikes on a coiled gong. It is in nice condition and good working order.
- ?Both clock and garnitures have wonderful inlay and boxwood stringing
- Finely designed this clock stands very well and flanked via two garnitures of equal quality
- Really good condition and patina on for the collector rare large size.
- Formed of brass with roman numerals and has a open bezel surround
- Two winding holes for the two trains of the movement
- The dial is open no glass but this is the way it is suppose to be made
- This is a French officers clock circa 1820
- Brass French 8 day striking movement with sought after silk suspension
- This is a striking clock and strikes the half and counts the hour on a coiled gong
- Movement will run for approximately 8 days when fully wound
- Clock has a good action and keeps good time
- Comes complete with winding key and pendulum
- Clock measures approximately 37cm (14.5 inches) high by 23cm wide and 9cm deep
- Candelabra measure 28cm tall, 11cm wide and 11cm deep
- Condition is generally very good
- This clock is a genuine antique so it will inevitably have signs of age and wear but these are minimal on this clock
- Movement has been cleaned and oiled and is in full working order
- Please enlarge the images and inspect the clock before bidding
- Feel free to contact us with any detailed condition questions
- Width (cm):
- Height (cm):
- Depth (cm):
Here on antiques co uk we love antiques and specialise in selling antiques. Even though this item was for sale and is now sold or otherwise now unavailable we have many more items for sale including vintage antiques, silver, tables, watches, jewellery and much more for your interiors and home.
Search all the antiques currently for sale on www.antiques co uk. Or why not consider selling your antiques and making sales more easily with us!