An exceptional and fine quality Aesthetic Period large Jug decorated throughout - this unusual and rare Jug would be a great addition to a Collector of Aesthetic Period / Arts & Crafts period. A great item, buyer will be totally delighted with this find
Good Antique Condition with some wear to the plate throughout which does not distract from this unusual and very exceptional Jug - please view images - buyer will be completely delighted with this great item - images does not do justice
10.5 inches (27cm) height approx
Stamped Makers Marks for John Round of Sheffield
Scroll down for high resolution images
The firm was established by John Round in Sheffield in 1847 as a small familiar workshop attached to his house in Tudor Street. The business proved successful and the firm in partnership with his son Edwin went under the title of John Round & Son. In 1874 the firm became John Round & Son Ltd. At the time the Round family ceased to have an active rule in the business and the firm was managed by Henry Pawson, Joseph Gamble and J.B. Barber as directors (in 1875 Edwin Round & Son Ltd, Holly Street, entered its mark in Sheffield Assay Office). The trade mark of the firm was a globe surrounded by the inscription ALL THE ROUND. In 1886 the business of Ridge, Allcard & Co (Lions Works, Eyre Lane) was amalgamated and John Ridge became the manager maintaining this role for about 25 years. Supposedly, in this period the JR & S mark was sometimes accompanied by the "four tridents" trade mark, previously used by Joseph Ridge. The factory was at Tudor Works, Tudor Street and at Arundel Plate Works, Sheffield, with various showrooms operating in London and Montreal. In 1898 the cutlery and spoon & fork departments moved to Moncrieff Works, Rockingham Street, Sheffield. The business was purchased in the 1930s by Joseph Rodgers & Sons and transferred to their Pond Hill Works.
- Silver Plate
- Height (cm):
Please note that this price may NOT include delivery charges which the seller may charge extra for.