Beautiful antique Edwardian walking cane with sterling silver knob, hallmarks for London 1904, and the makers mark of J. Howell. With ebony shaft and original bi-metal ferrule. Henry Howell & Company, London England was the largest and one of the most famous prestigious makers of fine walking sticks of his time. The Howell shop was established at 76 Aldersgate in London in 1832 by John Howell from 1852 the shop was jointly operated by John, his son Henry and daughter Amelia. In 1895 Henry Howell & Co employed 460 people and declared itself the largest manufacturers of walking sticks in the world. His canes become much sought after by collectors because of the high quality and design. Measurements: Length approx: 91 cm Condition: Good
Regent Antiques has 1102 antiques for sale.
click here to see them all