Original Antique English 8 Bell Bracket Clock
This is your chance to own the most beautiful mid 19th century bracket/mantel clocks. The clock is made of ebonised wood standing on four scrolling ormolu feet. 8 bell 1/4 chiming ebonised and ormolu basket top bracket clock. The case benefits from a brass handle with curved caddy top with four acorn finials with applied ormolu mounts. This clock has a hinge opening wooden front door that houses a wonderful dial. The dial is made up of layers silver and brass with carved brass spandrels with the chaptering having etched black Roman numerals with three winding holes for the movement. The movement is a good brass movement with polished decoration, this is an 8 day movement quarter chiming triple musical chiming clock. This clock also benefits from a strike/silent feature accessed to the right of the dial. The case also has carved fretwork panelling. This is repeated on the front of the dial..
- ?Made of ebony with beautiful carved decoration to the base, sides, front and caddy top.
- Beautiful patina this clock all with its original finish
- The clock benefits from bevelled edges and lockable back and front door with lovely ormolu mounts
- Hinged pierced wooden rear door to allow the sound of the chime to travel
- Silvered chaptering and brass dial with Roman numerals with two subsidiary dials the carved gilt decoration - Two levers chime/silent one side and the other 4 or 8 bell chime,
- Three winding holes for the three trains of the musical movement
- Brass 8 day musical chiming movement.
- Sounding on a nest of 8 bells and one coiled gong
- Movement will run for approximately 8 days when fully wound
- Clock has a good action and keeps good time
- Comes complete with winding key and original pendulum The movement is very impressive being of small proportions in heavy plate brass with triple fusee mechanics and playing on 8 bells and 4 bells and striking a choice of Cambridge tune on 4 bells or the full 8 bell tune The case is absolutely spot on with stunning carved details and beautiful moldings and patterns and on each side are magnificent fretworked panels.
- Clock measures approximately 47cm high by 35cm wide and 25cm deep
- Condition is generally very good and the clock has a nice patina
- This clock is a genuine antique so it will inevitably have minor signs of age and wear but these are minimal.
- Movement has been cleaned and oiled and is in full working order
- The case looks to be in lovely condition
- Please enlarge the images and inspect the clock before bidding
- Feel free to contact us with any detailed condition questions
- Width (cm):
- Height (cm):
- Depth (cm):
Here on antiques co uk we love antiques and specialise in selling antiques. Even though this item was for sale and is now sold or otherwise now unavailable we have many more items for sale including vintage antiques, silver, tables, watches, jewellery and much more for your interiors and home.
Search all the antiques currently for sale on www.antiques co uk. Or why not consider selling your antiques and making sales more easily with us!