Circa 1820, George IV mahogany canterbury. With an unusual top that has 3 divisions in a cruciform shape, with turned sections between them, and a carved wreath attached to the stretchers. There are smaller versions of the wreath across it, and 4 small turned finials with a raised, shaped gallery to the front and back. Beneath is a full length drawer with quality flame mahogany veneers, a cast brass escutcheon and turned knob handles, and it stands on turned, ring turned and tapering legs on cast brass cups with brass castors.
Antiques.co.uk Ref: 5FJACB2J
Please note that this price may NOT include delivery charges which the seller may charge extra for.
Georgian Antiques was founded in 1978 by John Dixon's brother Padriac in a small shop at Jocks Lodge, Meadowbank in Edinburgh, with John joining the business after finishing college in 1981. The business grew so rapidly, they couldn't keep up with their inventory needs. Their goal has been to create a one-stop-shop where designers can complete an entire project from lighting to furniture to accessories. Scotland's largest antiques warehouse is located in a converted whiskey bond in historic Leith Edinburgh. With 50,000sq ft over five floors we offer a wide range of quality Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian furniture, as well as continental and small decorative items. Our stock is constantly changing.
Georgian Antiques has 2912 antiques for sale.
click here to see them all