Thomas Kitchin 1718-84 produced a very wide range of books on many subjects as well as topographical works during his lifetime. For many years he worked in conjunction with Emanuel Bowen and Thomas Jefferys and apart from Atlases he published with them, he produced many maps of every sort for magazines and books on history and antiquities.
Kitchin produced many fine atlases on America, Europe and the rest of the world. In 1749 Kitchin produced with Thomas Jerrerys the Small English Atlas that included views of the many counties of England and Wales.
This map/print was published in the 1782 edition of "Millars New Complete & Universal System of Geography" engraved by various artists such as Kitchin, Lodge, Smith and others. The engraving is finely executed, the impression heavy and the paper strong, a fine engraving.
- Paper thickness and quality: - Light and stable
- Paper color: - Off white
- Age of map color: -
- Colors used: -
- General color appearance: -
- Paper size: - 14 ½in x 9in (370mm x 230mm)
- Plate size: - 12 ½in x 8in (320mm x 205mm)
- Margins: - Min ½in (12mm)
- Margins:Light uniform age toning, creasing at bottom right
- Plate area: Light uniform age toning, creasing
- Verso: - Light uniform age toning
Overall Quality (in Bold):
- Perfect/Fine/Very Good/Good/Fair/Poor