Circa 1825, a good set of 8 mahogany George IV dining chairs, consisting of 6 side chairs and 2 armchairs. With Greek key pattern carving to the top rails, the central splat in a combination of reeding, carved flower heads and a lyre style pattern either side. With drop-in seat pads to all and the armchairs with reeded arms which finish on curved sections with roundels on each side, held in place by shaped uprights. The back legs are square, tapering and slightly out swept, the front legs turned, ring turned and taper towards the base. All the chairs united by turned stretcher with a cruciform section in the centre.
Antiques.co.uk Ref: 8PEFDMU6
Please note that this price may NOT include delivery charges which the seller may charge extra for.
Georgian Antiques was founded in 1978 by John Dixon's brother Padriac in a small shop at Jocks Lodge, Meadowbank in Edinburgh, with John joining the business after finishing college in 1981. The business grew so rapidly, they couldn't keep up with their inventory needs. Their goal has been to create a one-stop-shop where designers can complete an entire project from lighting to furniture to accessories. Scotland's largest antiques warehouse is located in a converted whiskey bond in historic Leith Edinburgh. With 50,000sq ft over five floors we offer a wide range of quality Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian furniture, as well as continental and small decorative items. Our stock is constantly changing.
Georgian Antiques has 2912 antiques for sale.
click here to see them all