Circa 1820. An exhibition quality George IV rosewood library chair. The shaped back with paper fold edges, upholstered back arms and seat. The mahogany frame slopes down from the top to a padded arm rest which finishes with a wonderful carved scrolling facing with further craving beneath. The large, upholstered seat is removable, rosewood curved seat rail to the front with carved flower heads at each end. Back legs are square slightly out swept, elegant front legs are turned, carved, taper and finish on a brass cup with brass casters beneath.
Antiques.co.uk Ref: 9EUPCAPD
Please note that this price may NOT include delivery charges which the seller may charge extra for.
Georgian Antiques was founded in 1978 by John Dixon's brother Padriac in a small shop at Jocks Lodge, Meadowbank in Edinburgh, with John joining the business after finishing college in 1981. The business grew so rapidly, they couldn't keep up with their inventory needs. Their goal has been to create a one-stop-shop where designers can complete an entire project from lighting to furniture to accessories. Scotland's largest antiques warehouse is located in a converted whiskey bond in historic Leith Edinburgh. With 50,000sq ft over five floors we offer a wide range of quality Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian furniture, as well as continental and small decorative items. Our stock is constantly changing.
Georgian Antiques has 2932 antiques for sale.
click here to see them all