Circa 1820, George IV mahogany hall chair, with a shell-like back, carved out of one solid piece. The two uprights either side are carved in the Rococo style, which give the back a very elegant look. Below this is a solid seat with rounded corners over a reeded apron on the front and sides. The back legs are square and outswept, and the front legs are bulbous, turned and tapering finishing on elevated feet.
Scotland's largest antiques warehouse is located in a converted whiskey bond in historic Leith Edinburgh. With 50,000sq ft over five floors we offer a wide range of quality Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian furniture, as well as continental and small decorative items. Our stock is constantly changing.
Georgian Antiques has 2459 antiques for sale.
click here to see them all