Circa 1910, carved oak monks bench. The solid rectangular top has scratch carving and moulded edge. This is hinged and inside is a carved heraldic shield. The top is held in position with two carved uprights in the form of lions. Below this is a solid oak seat with a storage compartment. There are two front panels which are fielded and carved, fielded panels on the sides and the whole piece stands on 4 squat bun feet.
Scotland's largest antiques warehouse is located in a converted whiskey bond in historic Leith Edinburgh. With 50,000sq ft over five floors we offer a wide range of quality Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian furniture, as well as continental and small decorative items. Our stock is constantly changing.
Georgian Antiques has 2311 antiques for sale.
click here to see them all