This is an a fine antique pair of English Neo-classical silver plated entree dishes by the Goldsmiths Alliance Ltd Cornhill, London, e=circa 1860 in date.
The bright-cut engraving features leafy strapwork and bands of Greek key pattern. The detachable bayonet loop handles have beaded borders. The cartouches have the heraldry crest of Canning of Foxcote, Oxfordshire, see photo of house, to one side, and initials to the other.
A truly exquisite pair that would make a fine addition to any antique collection.
In excellent condition with no dings, dents or signs of repair, please see photos for confirmation.
Dimensions in cm:
Height 18 x Width 33 x Depth 25
Dimensions in inches:
Height 7 inches x Width 1 foot, 1 inch x Depth 10 inches
Our reference: A1186b
The Goldsmiths & Silversmiths Company. The firm was established in 1880 by William Gibson and John Lawrence Langman.
The firm was active at 112 Regent Street, London acquiring the premises previously used by John Joseph Mechi.
In 1893 the firm absorbed The Goldsmiths' Alliance Ltd and in 1898 became the Goldsmiths & Silversmiths Co Ltd being active as jewellers, dealers in diamonds and precious stones, silversmiths,electroplaters and watch and clock makers.
In 1952 Goldsmiths & Silversmiths Co Ltd was amalgamated with Garrard & Co Ltd.
The firm participated to a number of national and international exhibitions, as Indian and Colonial Exhibition (London, 1886), Paris (1889), Chicago (1893), California (1894), Paris (1900) and Franco-British Exhibition (London, 1908).
The Goldsmiths & Silversmiths Co was active with manufactories at Newcastle Place, Clerkenwell; Regent Works, Sheffield and Rue St George, Paris and as retailer of items supplied by various British gold and silver manufacturers (Martin Hall & Co Ltd, W&G Sissons, Wakely & Wheeler, William Comyns, Harrison Brothers & Howson, etc.)
- Width (cm):
- Height (cm):
- Depth (cm):
Please note that this price may NOT include delivery charges which the seller may charge extra for.