WICKWAR & Co. 11 YORK ST. S.W.
An oversized Black Morocco Leather covered Despatch Box C 1930, the top, with an inset brass handle, is embossed 'SCOTTISH LAND COURT* and The Royal insignia of George V with also the name R.F. DUDGEON C.B.** The Bramah lock retains its original key and the black leather lined interior has raised sides.
*The Scottish Land Court was established on 1 April 1912 and is based in Edinburgh with subject-matter jurisdiction covering disputes between landlords and tenants relating to agricultural tenancies, and matters related to crofts and crofters. The Scottish Land Court is both a trial court and an appeal court; hearings at first-instance are often heard by a Divisional Court of one of the Agricultural Members advised by the Principal Clerk. Decisions of the Divisional Court can be appealed to the Full Court, which will consist of at least one legally qualified judicial member and the remaining Agricultural Member. Some cases are heard at first-instance by the Full Court, and these cases may be appealed to the Inner House of the Court of Session.
**Robert Francis Dudgeon, CB.VD (23 September 1851 – 4 October 1932) was Lord-Lieutenant of Kirkcudbrightshire from 1908 until his death. He was educated at Rugby]and Trinity College, Cambridge. He served in the HM Reserve Forces for 43 years. Director of the Highland and Agricultural Society, 23 years; Vice-Convener of Kirkudbright County Council for 21 years; Governor of the West of Scotland Agricultural College for 14 years; Chairman of the Kirkcudbright School Board for 13 years; ; and a JP for Dumfriesshire for 8 years. His son was also a distinguished public servant.
Please note that this price may NOT include delivery charges which the seller may charge extra for. Please contact the seller for a delivery estimate.